Sexual abuse prevention workshop for parents and professionals
A curriculum based program developed by our Executive Director, Libby Bergman, with the goal of protecting youth from sexual abuse. The program takes a holistic approach through strengthening families and increasing parent protection skills. The curriculum is used in partnership with several community organizations including: Headstart, Hired, Early Childhood Family Education, The Rotary, and many places of worship.
Participants will learn:
- Ways to teach children about personal safety.
- Normal sexual development in children and how to manage concerns.
- How to begin discussions with their children on difficult topics.
- How to screen potential childcare providers.
- The warning signs that signal danger to a child.
For more information about Stranger Danger and Beyond, contact the Family Enhancement Center.