Families Moving Forward is a group therapy program designed for children who have been sexually abused and their non-offending parents. The group uses a whole family approach to healing. Families Moving Forward combines therapy, education and support to parents so that they can assist their children to heal and protect them from future abuse, along with providing a child-centered social environment where children who have experienced abuse can build resilience through activities with caring, competent adults and peers.
Time and Date:
Every Wednesday from 6PM – 830pm on site (6pm team meeting, program runs from 6:30-8pm, 15-30mins debrief/team charting)
4826 Chicago Ave #105, Minneapolis, MN 55417
- Engage in pro-social interaction and communication with youth between ages 6-18yrs, modeling and coaching effective coping skills, positive peer communication and problem-solving, along with supporting individual kids’ goals.
- Planning, facilitating and supporting activities appropriate for developmental ages. Most activities will be held indoors in a relatively small space.
- Create a welcoming environment for family attending the program.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality and engage in de-brief and consult with team after group on a weekly basis.
- If able, participate in quarterly team meetings for team building, consulting, curriculum planning and program development.
Weekly is best, monthly is an option. Minimum of 6-month commitment is requested.
KidsWorld program requires some experience having contact with children in professional, volunteer or family interactions.
All volunteers will be required to complete a background check.
Ambryn Melius (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Libby Bergman at 612-827-3028